Monday, March 9, 2009

Fun In Phoenix

Having just spent the past week in Phoenix I have to say we couldn't have had more fun.

On the way we stopped to see my nephew's new baby. Justin and Heather recently added baby Hudson to the family. He couldn't be more handsome... looks like his dad!



After arriving in Phoenix the first celebration was the blessing of our seventh grandbaby, Maggie. She looked absolutely beautiful and as always it was fun to have all seven grandchildren together.







We spent a day at the zoo.







We spent time at a great park with fun rides for the kids.







My girls and I and five of the grandkids had lunch with my cousin Terri and her daughter Corinne.



And of course an enjoyable afternoon at my niece's lacross game.
See Jane run...





And just plain fun in Dan and Holly's backyard.









The finale was the homecoming of my nephew Scott from his mission to Chile... sorry I didn't get a picture of that one.

Not to mention all of my kids now have their hair cut short (girls) and/or shaven (boys). I do have a tremendous support group in my family and friends. And thank you to those who have donated to the cancer walk, I now have over $1,500. I can't even begin to thank you and tell you how much I appreciate all your support.

My new chemotherapy starts on Wednesday...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so terrific!!! Prayers to you for Wednesday!!! :) Love ya

barryblog said...

I love when all of the grandkids get together. It looks like you guys do random stuff too. You look really good!!

Unknown said...

Darla, I am not sure if you remember me...(Meagan Butler), but I stumbled across your blog while clicking and on people I may know.

You were always an inspiration to me, and I loved you like the day is long. I wish you the best during this time, and I will send prayers your way.

Meg

Miriam said...

The baby, I think, looks like you. Same lips? Your blessed with grandchildren!