Thursday, April 9, 2009

Who Needs It Anyway?

It's been one month since I have started my third (and newest) chemotherapy treatment. I feel really good and have experienced no side effects EXCEPT for the grand daddy of all side effects... the infamous hair loss. Yep! I look as cute as a cue ball. I'm saving you all the agony of looking at a picture of that beautiful shot. Suffice it to say it saves me a lot of getting ready time in the morning when all I have to do is throw on a hat.

I had my weekly visit with the doctor yesterday to receive my treatment, however, no treatment for me because my white blood cell count was low.

One nice thing about having cancer is, there are several organizations around the city and state who make hats, quilts, scarves, etc and donate them to the cancer center, just for the taking. I've picked up my share of cute items and thanks to all those generous organizations for all their hard work.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, you want hats, I can make you some hats, I make fabulous knit hats!

Rebecca Carter said...

No picture? That's too bad we have to miss out!

We send our love and are excited for you to get to save so much money on haircuts and shampoo!

And more good news - summer is just around the corner - so you don't have to worry about getting chilled, either!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Who needs that darn hair anyway!! :) It just gets in the way when you bend over to kiss your grandbabies anyway!! :) Love ya

Unknown said...

I bet you look just as cute as can be with no hair. Flaunt it!

Miriam said...

Can you be anymore positive? Thanks for keeping things in perspective for yourself and for helping us to count our many blessings.
I think of you often and love to watch your blog!
Love ya,
Miriam