Monday, June 15, 2009

Mammogram


To my gal pals, just a reminder to get your mammogram if you haven't lately. They say it's the people who are afraid to get mammograms who tend to have a higher rate of getting breast cancer. THAT'S BECAUSE THEY DON'T GET THEM! So pick up your phone right now and make your appointment. And if you have family history of breast cancer than make sure you get your first mammogram 10 years before the age of when that family member was diagnosed with breast cancer. Wouldn't hurt... well, okay, so it does hurt, but it's worth it.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm a dobee - I've been squished annually since I was 40! and had a baseline at 35! So I say AMEN AND AMEN to your counsel.

Miriam said...

Hi Darla! From what I can tell on your "count" it looks like it is going down??? I hope I'm reading it correctly. I just had my mammogram today and have been faithfully having them for many years. Thanks for reminding us! I have to have one of those cute pink tee's. How do I get one? Maybe it will be an excuse for me to come see you?

Amanda said...

Darla, when are you supposed to start having them?

Darla said...

You are supposed to start at age 30