Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life is good

It’s been eight days since I started my most recent chemotherapy. So far so good. Good thing because I really need to take this Econ class I’m currently taking, but more importantly pass it.

I’m doing great. Busy but great. It’s good to be busy because it takes my mind off whether my hands, feet, or mouth are getting tender, sore, or blistered. They’re not too bad yet. I’m not sure if my feet are tender because of the chemotherapy or because of my walks. And I’m not sure if my lips are blistered because of the chemotherapy or because I spent last weekend in the sun with some terrific mission friends, hiking, canoeing, going off the zip line, singing around the campfire, and visiting. Either way, life is good. Thank you MBM (and the Heaton’s) for a great weekend.

5 comments:

duff said...

I'm glad you are keeping busy and you're right it's good to be busy. I love your zest for life and your "nothing is going to get me down" attitude. Hang in there and please call if I can come help you.
love you

Amanda said...

Wow, Darla, if I didn't know you were sick I would just have no idea. You have such a great outlook and such a positive vision. We're all rooting for you over here! It was great seeing you on Tuesday and thanks for the burgers and fries!

Annette said...

Darla, I'm so happy I stumbled onto your blog. From the 1st time I came VT to your house about 25 years ago, to the parties in your basement, to the ladies luncheons, I've never heard a negative word uttered from your mouth - and you still are the same today. I would love to hear from you. Jennifer mentioned she ran into Jenna in St. Johns - she lives there too, in fact they're cousins through marriage. My prayers are with you. I've thought of you often. Love, Annette

Anonymous said...

Just wish I lived closer so I could be counted as one of your mission friends to enjoy your sweet spirit again. So loved serving a little of my mission with you. You are the greatest. Love ya.

Noah Vail said...

A zip wire? Those are really fun, as long as you can execute the landing. We love your zest for life and courage to just keep moving forward. If anyone can will herself to victory, it's you. Thanks for creating a blog so we can keep up with your progress. You're always in our thoughts and prayers.