Friday, September 11, 2009

Start Reminiscing

I have hundreds of the best friends a girl could ask for. You know I could name each one of you personally and go on and on about how grateful I am to have you in my life. Picture me standing in front of you right now looking into your eyes, talking and laughing with you about fond memories we had together. Let's reminisce, you remember all the great times we had together, you remember parties, camp outs, working the concession stands, teaching together, tutoring me, running marathons, hiking, diets, vacations, putting our houses up for sale, kayaking, sharing missionary experiences, DUP, being your teacher (when you were actually teaching me), Eagle projects, sharing baby sitting, watching palm trees grow, Office Peep, bike rides, throwing up while deep sea fishing, crying over family problems, shopping, feeding the thousands, the Four D's, burnt bridesmaid dresses, cutting class and going to the beach, business partners, dancing, watching our sons play high school basketball, girls night out, surprise birthday parties, road trips, being my cancer supporter, swimming with the sharks, late night chats on facebook, sharing in the excitement of marriages and babies, embarrassing moments, long lunches at the Cougar Eat, stays at my house, and long long talks.

Recently I got together with four wives of our law school group. Our husbands all went to law school together, so these friends go back 30 years. There were six couples but one wife wasn't able to make it to our luncheon. What wonderful and dear friends they are. I will cherish their friendship always. Thank you for a fun afternoon girls.


As far as the latest treatment goes, the doctor gave me more options. He also informed me about how toxic they are. I've decided and my kids agree they would like to see me full of energy for awhile. My concern is if I start a new chemotherapy treatment I will lose my energy and appetite again, which isn't conducive to my life style. I have several alternative treatments I have researched and for now I will attempt those. I will continue to go in to the doctor each month and get testing done, especially to see how my liver is doing and to see where the cancer count is. Thank you again for all your love and support.

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

That law school group is a great group!

Dan Colton said...

Love ya Mom!

Kinsly said...

Darla whenever I think about you I have to think of girls camp. You always gave us the best entertainment! "I said a boom chicka boom!"

Anonymous said...

What a good looking group of girls you are!!! :) Let's do something when I am there for General Conference and the Reunion. It would be nice if you could meet my son and his family while we are there. My oldest grandson got the priesthood this summer and wanted to go to a live session of General Conference. So fun! Love ya!

Amanda said...

I don't have one specific memory of you, Darla, when I think of you I think of laughing and talking and sitting around outside Mauri's house last summer, pool parties and scentsy parties...but always lots of laughter.

JC and Jen Young said...

I guess I ws not really a "friend" but more like a student. Your were always one of those cool moms that did fun things. I remember going to YW pres meeting at your house and fun parties in the basement and my fav the St. Patties day party you threw for Mauri. I love you and love that Jenna and I live in the same little town!!

The Faller's! said...

I'm with Kinsly! When I think of you I think of many things, but I especially think of Girls Camp and the "famous song." I sing it with Brynlee all the time and she thinks it is so funny! You are so awesome!