Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Hope and A Prayer

Tomorrow I'll get another update on the cancer count. I'm just hoping this new treatment is working and the count has gone down. My last treatment was two weeks ago and my energy and appetite have returned somewhat. A little trepidation in the fact that if the doctor thinks this treatment is working he'll give me another treatment tomorrow and I'll start the lack of energy and lack of appetite routine all over again. But if it works!

I had a CT Scan a week ago Tuesday revealing the cancer is now in 50% of my liver. It's not concentrated in one spot which would probably make it easy to remove that portion, but it's scattered all throughout the liver. Also last Tuesday my son Daniel, daughter Jenna (and her son), and my mom came to town. It's always nice to have family support at the doctor's office when the doctor talks about the results of the CT Scan and the updated prognosis. He knows me pretty well and appreciates my attitude and zest for life, but if you pin him down he'll give the worst case scenario, that is if we can't find the right treatment, I have 2 - 3 months. His best case scenario is 2 - 3 years. As for me, I'm going with the 20 - 30 year plan.

Maybe I'll get a port, I am tired of being a human pin cushion. I just want to be better.

But the good news is my son Daniel, my daughter-in-law Holly, and their kids will be moving to Utah for 3 - 4 months. It will be great having them around along with my daughter Mauri and her family who already lives here. And how fortunate for Daniel to have found a job for those few months as well. Somebody's living right. Of course, that cougar fan will be getting here just in time for football season.

I'm still dancing and enjoying it. We'll be dancing at Tuacahn in October, along with several basketball games this season, one being the New Jersey Nets. I'm just hoping the Nets game doesn't conflict with graduation, which are both in April.

3 comments:

Brad and Jamie Porter said...

You are in our prayers for sure Darla. My mom has a port and she likes it alot, much better than trying to find a vain for an hour.I love you and miss you and KNOW that everything will turn out right. MUAH

Carolyn said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers constant for you.

Anne said...

Don't forget to post when you are graduating. I want to make sure to be there to cheer you on. Sure do love ya!!!!

Sister Richey (aka Anne)