Saturday, August 29, 2009

You Can't Have Too Many Friends

I did meet with the doctor on Friday but I didn't have any chemotherapy. After getting more blood testing done he said the latest chemotherapy isn't working and he would like to try something else next week. As you can see from the most recent cancer count it has gone up (up, up, up). We asked the doctor about a liver transplant and he said that wouldn't be possible because of the 2 - 3 month recovery time after surgery, no chemotherapy would be able to be given during that time and it might cause the cancer which is in other parts of my body to continue to spread.

Since several of you have commented on Daniel coming to town I realize I didn't clarify that very well, they won't be living with me, they will be finding their own place. How grateful I am to have them around for the next few months. He starts his job with the Air Force in January and not knowing yet where he'll be stationed it will be nice to have them close for awhile, since he may be stationed far away.

Speaking of several of you commenting, I need to tell you how much I appreciate all of you. All of your emails and comments have meant a lot to me. I'm sorry I don't reply very well but I appreciate your kind words. I have always thought a person can never have too many friends. Each of you have brought so much joy into my life. My life would not have been the same without having you in it. You have each treated me like I was your favorite, thank you for showing so much love and kindness to me. I remember having a luncheon once and my husband asked me who was coming, I said, "All my friends." He said, "Darla, there isn't a room big enough to hold all your friends." How blessed I have been to have such wonderful friendships. Thank you!

6 comments:

Miriam said...

Darla, you are my hero. What a trial you have been called to bear. We will never understand what you are going through. I am here for you. I think of you, pray for you and hope the best for you. Hey, when am I going to get my t-shirt--do you still have it? Lets get together this week. If you don't feel like lunch, I'll come see you. When is good? Lunch or your house?

Gramma Cheryl said...

Darla,
To repeat a line you used, "My life would not be the same without having YOU in it." You've brought so much joy to my life, to my kids, to our family, to girl's camps, to ward parties, etc, etc. I've been in shock since reading this latest blog... to hear what you're going through. I cannot even imagine how hard this must be for you. Words are at a loss, except to say that you ARE in my thoughts, on my mind, in my heart and so much in my prayers.

Amanda said...

Oh Darla, I've been thinking about you so much recently! You are always in my prayers and you know that we all love you! You are such an amazing woman and I feel so blessed to have you in MY life. You are a constant inspiration to me.

Brenda Cooper said...

Darla,
Wendell and I just got back from a short trip to Alaska and I read your blog to see how things are going? I'm so glad that Daniel, Mauri and Jenna and so many others who love you are with you in our thoughts and prayers. You are a great example of love. You find joy in all the simple and good things! My heart is with you. Love Brenda Cooper

Annette said...

Sweet Darla,
I love you. I love your children. You are beautiful inside and out. Your cup is always filled with happy thoughts and goodness toward others. I will call you soon. Annette

Anonymous said...

We are all an accumulation of all of the family and friends we have in our lives. They help shape us into who we are. So glad you are a part of that. Hope to see you at the reunion. Love ya