Saturday, August 15, 2009

Not Recommended

It's been two weeks since I started my new chemotherapy. Not the best two weeks of my life and I certainly wouldn't suggest it as your next weight loss plan. Let's see, how am I feeling? Absolutely NO energy, definitely NO appetite, and when I do eat... I lose it, plus a constant pain in my liver. I received my third dose of Gemcitabine (the new chemotherapy treatment) yesterday, they cut back on the dosage because my liver is being negatively effected, as for now they aren't sure if it's the Gemcitabine that is causing a negative effect or if it's because the tumors in the liver are growing. I'll schedule another CT scan in a week or two and that will show more. But for now that's my situation.

Mauri, her kids, and I made a quick trip to Arizona to visit my daughter Jenna and surprise her for her birthday.

It was a fun trip and the kids had a great time together.


We brought Abbie home with us for about a week so Jenna could focus on the ice plant with one less stress factor.

I am so proud of Jenna and the hard work she and Jared are doing with the ice plant. They are extremely hard workers and selling ice in Arizona in the summer is a 24 hour a day job. They are an example to us all. I sure love my family.

2 comments:

Rebecca Carter said...

Hi Darla!

I am so happy that you got to go spend some time at Jenna's.

Harvey and I are sad that the chemo is so hard. You are in our prayers.

We love you!

Jenna Jarvis said...

You are an example to us all mom!