Thursday, October 8, 2009

lets walk in her honor.

I was just made aware of a American Cancer Society walk "to make strides against breast cancer". it is on Saturday in Salt Lake City, with registration starting at 8 and the walk begins at 9.

.... so on Saturday...lets go on a walk in her honor. mom's spirit will always be with us as well as the need to work towards a cure for breast cancer. i have started "Darla's team" for the American Cancer Society's making strides against breast cancer. we would like to invite all who are interested to walk with us Saturday morning, in honor of mom, who fought a strong fight against breast cancer.

you can click here if you want to register to join Darla's team. and find out information about the event.
if you want to show your support but are unable to walk you can also donate to Darla's team here.

i would like to thank you all for all of the love and support and prayers that have been on behalf of mom, and our whole family. you will never know what that all has meant for us.

2 comments:

Burnett Family said...

We wish we could have walked with you. We were all so tired from the drive, the busy day, the time change, and from Hudson NOT sleeping at night. It was good to see you! Hope we see you again soon.

Connie Greene said...

Hi Mauri,
Wayne and I are saddened to find out about your mom's passing. We know that she was a real inspiration to us as we have been following her treck through this horrible illness. Lacy and I as well as several other family members Walked for the Cure last Sunday here in Phoenix. I had your mom's name placed on the memorial wall and walked for her and a few other friends in their honor. It was inspiring to see so many thousands of people do this
walk. I have not thought about my own cancer for a long time-it was a part of my life that I erased I guess until this walk. I felt real emotion and now feel like I need to do more again. For several years I worked with the ACA Look Good Feel Better program in honor of my sister who died from cancer. I got sick and it just sort of went past me-now I am getting back into action.
Our prayers are with you and your family-
Love, Connie Greene