Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mom is at Peace

Mom passed away peacefully at her home surrounded by family on Tuesday, October 6th at 4:45 pm. Although she will be missed it is such a blessing for her to not be in any more pain. Her last few days were a struggle for us all but the feeling of peace we all felt when her spirit was able to be free of her body and return to the loving arms of her Heavenly Father is one we will all hold close to our hearts.

We are SO thankful to all of you who provided us with so much support these past few weeks. And we are so thankful for the friendship and love you have show mom throughout her life.

The funeral and viewing have been planed and we would like to pass the information on to those of you who will be able to make it.

There will be a viewing held at the Walker Sanderson Funeral Home on Thursday, October 8th from 6 to 8 pm. The address for the funeral home is 646 E 800 N, Orem, Ut.

There will also be a viewing prior to the funeral service from 8:30 to 9:30 am at the Edgemont Stake Center, 3700 N 300 W, Provo. The funeral will then begin at 10:oo am.


We also ask that in lieu of flowers to please donate to the Susan G. Koman Foundation.

Thank you again...for all of your love, support and prayer. It has been felt by us all.

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Mauri, she will be very missed! My love to you. Let me know if there is ANYTHING you need.

Susie said...

Mauri, Daniel and Jenna,
We are all so sad but at the same time so grateful to have known your Mom. She taught us all how to live.

Lacy said...

So sad to hear about your mom. My prayers are with you all.

Burnett Family said...

We love you!! We will miss Aunt Darla so much. We'll see you guys on Friday. (((HUGS)))

Brenda Cooper & Family said...

Our family will miss your mom. I will miss my friend. I am so glad she had a peaceful passing and that she was surrounded by family. If I know your mom... she is already busy and helping someone on the other side of the veil. She was always finding a way to serve others or to make others feel loved. Our prayers are with you Jenna, Mauri and Daniel.

Anonymous said...

Your Mom and her courageous story has helped many others look at life and live it to the best of their abilities every day. She is the greatest example of all. Your family is a great family.

jordan and tyrell said...

i am so sorry to hear about your mom. i am thinking of you.

love

barryblog said...

I am so sorry for you kids, but I am sure happy for your mom. She is such and inspirational lady. I hope you all feel her love now and for a long time to come.- Scottee

Annette Ounjian Endicott said...

Dear Colton Kids -

My dear friend, Gladys Marietti, just let me know of your mother's death. She was, as so many have said, a friend to many. That radiant smile of hers - irreplaceable! May you find comfort in knowing that her life made a difference to many whom you may or may not ever know about. Count me as one of those.

Affectionately -
Annette Ounjian Endicott and the Ounjian kids - Jenelle, Justin and Julie

Miriam said...

I will miss your mother so much and she is an inspiration to me. Wow, how she has handled herself through all kinds of trials. She has changed me and I'm so grateful to her. We were friends and visiting teaching partners. We even attended a few single's events together. I love Darla and hope you know she is watching over all her loved ones and yes, like another blogger said, she is already busy preparing the Kingdom!

Leanne said...

Daniel, Mauri and Jenna,

Our family's thoughts are with you at this time. I know your Mom will always be watching over her beloved children and their families. She brightened all of our lives and we will miss her so much. But it's a comfort to know that she is free from pain and that she is in a wonderful place. Wish we could all be there on Friday. We send all our love!

ellen said...

I was shocked and sad to hear of "Sister Colton's" death. She was a missionary in my ward in Boston (Arlington Ward) and I enjoyed meeting her.